Cindy’s passion is helping information organizations see the big picture as they strive for equity and social justice. Community engagement, qualitative assessment, strategic planning, engaged leadership, staff training, and keynoting are her areas of expertise.
Recent projects include strategic planning for the RAILS Library System in Illinois and the Placer County Library in California, and facilitator of the ALA Libraries Transforming Communities program for small and rural libraries.
Cindy also teaches continuing education for the UW-Madison iSchool and is a Trustee for the Madison Public Library. Previously she served 2.5 years at the WI State Library and 7 years as Director of the Columbus Public Library (WI), named a finalist for Library Journal’s 2017 Best Small Library in America.
Librarianship is Cindy’s second career. After 14 years managing non-profits, she earned her MLIS from UW-Madison in 2012.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, TRAINING & INSTRUCTION
• Master of Library Sciences degree, University of Wisconsin— Madison
• Master of Arts degree in Literature & Master of Arts in Teaching Writing, Humboldt State University, CA
• Groundwork Community Anti-Racism Collective, Racial Equity Studies
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
• Public Library Association
• American Library Association
• Madison Public Library, WI, Board of Trustees– Vice President
• IMLS National Leadership grant
• PLA Leadership Fellow
• ALA Libraries Transforming Communities grant
Over 22 Years of Non-Profit & Library Experience
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Adult & Community Services Consultant
- Public Library, WI, Library Director, Columbus
- Wisconsin Community Fund
- Interim Executive Director
- Director of Development & Operations
- Financial & Grants Administrator
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters, Development Director
- Wisconsin Council on Children & Families, Financial Director
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Continuing Education Instructor, Public Library
- Administration Associate Lecturer Project Assistant
- Allied Drive Community Read Literacy Program
74 total views, 2 views today