Kristin Melpignano has over 30 years in both the public and non-profit sectors in positions ranging from Accountant to Controller to Human Resources Director.
Her career has spanned over two decades in many roles in the electric utility industry with Northeast Public Power Association (NEPPA). She then transitioned exclusively to Human Resources roles at the Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant, the Housing Assistance Corporation on Cape Cod, and most recently at the Town of Milford. In each of these positions, Kristin excelled at streamlining processes, creating value by increasing efficiency, and ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
Kristin graduated with a degree in Management Science from Bridgewater State University with a minor in accounting and earned her master’s degree in Human Resources from Framingham State University; she also recently earned her SHRM-CP designation. Over the years in her association role, she created and delivered budgets, presented them to Boards, coordinated corporate events, participated in legislative lobbying in Washington, DC, and worked on all phases of the accounting cycle. In addition, Kristin was responsible for all aspects of Human Resources with an emphasis on employee benefits. She was awarded the NEPPA Outstanding Service Award to the Association in 2012.
In her most recent role with the Town of Milford, Kristin oversaw the merging of the HR and benefits departments, introduced electronic time and attendance record keeping, completed a Compensation and Classification study, and audited all benefits, resulting in significant savings to the Town. In 2022, Kristin secured a grant to institute Town-wide policies and training from the UMass Collins Center.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION, TRAINING & INSTRUCTION
• Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Framingham State University, MA
• Bachelor of Science degree in Management Science, Minor in Accounting, Bridgewater State University, MA
• SHRM-CP Designation
• Supervisory Leadership Development Program, UMass Collins Center, Boston, MA
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
• Public Utility Risk Management Association, Board Member, 2012 -2017
• Society of Human Resource Management since 2012
• New England Human Resource Management Association since 2019
• Norton Basketball Recreation League Treasurer, 1999-2003
• Notary Public designation since 2020
34 Years of Local Government Leadership and Management
• Town of Milford, MA, Human Resources Director, 2020-2023
• Housing Assistance Corporation, Hyannis, MA, Human Resources Manager, 2019-2020
• Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant, Taunton, MA, Director of Human Resources, 2017-2018
• Northeast Public Power Association, 1989-2017
– Director of Human Resources and Administration
– Director of Membership and Marketing Controller