Ray McGury is a Vice President with GovHR USA since 2023 and has more than 40 years of experience providing leadership in law enforcement and management as well as in community government and civic organizations.
Ray’s professional and direct, yet down-to-earth approach positions him as an exceptional partner to his clients, with the ability to ask the right questions and delve into the specific needs of organizations, understanding that each is distinctly different. Ray’s extensive experience and knowledge of the operations of law enforcement and public agencies will give his clients a key advantage in identifying the right fit for executive-level talent.
Ray served as the Executive Director of the Naperville Park District in Naperville, IL for more than 13 years where he oversaw a staff of approximately 1,000, including full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. During his tenure, Ray led the charge to guide the organization back to its mission, vision, and values, thereby successfully fostering a high-functioning leadership team that was focused on achieving excellence. As a result, not only did the District experience tremendous growth in its programs, services, and facilities during Ray’s tenure, the District funded and built the organization’s first ever community recreation center. Ray’s ability to focus on connecting people both within and outside of the Park District positively impacted the agency’s brand and status in the community while contributing to a great period of organizational growth.
Prior to his tenure at the Park District, Ray’s leadership positively impacted the law enforcement industry with experience at the City of Naperville and Village of Bolingbrook Police Departments.
- Master of Public Administration, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, St. Xavier University, Chicago, IL
- Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) Integrated Emergency Management
- Rocky Mountain Executive Management Program, University of Denver, Denver, CO
- ALICE Active Shooter Survival Instructor
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Veterinary Hospital Managers Association Conference Presenter
- Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor at College of DuPage
- Center for Public Safety Adjunct Professor, Northwestern University
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Instructor of Group Facilitator
- Adjunct Criminal Professor at Lewis University
- Adjunct Professor on Leadership and Ethics in Public Service, Marquette University
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Naperville Cemetery Association, President/Board Member
- Little Friends School for Autism, Secretary/Board Member
- Martin Avenue Senior Apartments, Vice President/Board Member
- Naperville Responds for Our Veterans, Advisory Board Member
- KidsMatter Foundation, Inc., Advisory Board Member
- 360 Youth Services, Advisory Board Member
LOCAL GOVERNMENT PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Over 40 Years of Law Enforcement Leadership and Management, and Community Government Experience
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association – Executive Director (2022-Present)
- Naperville Park District – Executive Director (2008-2022)
- Village of Bolingbrook (2005-2008)
- Naperville Police Department (2003-2005)