$44.40 – $57.72/hour, depending upon qualifications
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
* Plans, organizes, schedules, and coordinates the work supporting large-scale corporate and enterprise-level information systems.
* Provides advanced technical leadership on integrating complex existing or new information system technologies.
* Monitors and evaluates staff performance to accomplish tasks and established objectives, and ensures compliance with City of Austin personnel, security, and department procedures.
* Prepares operating budgets, reviews ongoing expenditures to ensure adherence to budgets, and coordinates recurrent program/project budgets and resource forecasts.
* Manages the coordination of complex projects with other City departments, project teams, and agencies using industry best practices to gain maximum value from combined systems.
* Researches complex commercial products, technology solutions, and participates in the development of vendor contracts, performs vendor management and contract management duties, and prepares and evaluates Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
* Prepares, reviews, and approves documentation for procurement of IT systems. May exercise oversight of departmental IT purchases.
* Develops and prepares management and productivity reports, studies, and analyses.
* Develops training programs and guides, and trains staff on work procedures and operating instructions.
* Ensures disaster recovery is in place for critical systems.
* Improves operations, decreases turnaround times, and streamlines work processes to provide quality customer service.
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
* Knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
* Knowledge of current IT systems and data systems technology, security, operations, and practices.
* Knowledge of budget processes.
* Knowledge of project and resource management.
* Skill in organizing and assigning work effectively and efficiently.
* Skill in understanding the organization and operation of the City and departments, as necessary.
* Skill in operating computers and related software applications.
* Skill in conducting hardware and software evaluations, performing selection, and acquisition functions.
* Skill in analyzing and solving complex problems for the enterprise department.
* Ability to develop, implement, and administer a budget.
* Ability to prepare budget requests and monitor expenditures for budgetary compliance.
* Ability to read and interpret standard accounting and financial reports.
* Ability to conduct research and analyze and interpret research findings.
* Ability to compile data and prepare narrative and statistical correspondence, reports, and presentations.
* Ability to train, assign, and direct work activities.
* Ability to understand complex program structures and how they impact enterprise departments and the City.
* Ability in handling and resolving conflict and uncertain situations.
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to effectively convey complex and detailed information, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to represent management and present program information.
* Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships.
* Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Information or Computer Science, plus three (3) years of experience in a related field, including two (2) years of leadership or supervisory experience.
* Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required: None.
* Experience performing the full range of supervisory responsibilities for at least five (5) IT professionals
* Experience managing IT infrastructure technologies such as networking, datacenter, Microsoft services, virtualization (server and client), security, and enterprise cloud technologies
* Experience managing IT projects
* Experience with IT budgets, purchasing, and contracts
* Skill in communicating technical information to a non-technical audience, verbally and in writing
* Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring KPIs, goals and strategic plans for IT teams
* Experience working for a utility, government, or similarly regulated entity
* Ability to travel to more than one work location
To apply for this job please visit www.austincityjobs.org.