The Town of Ayden (population 5,000), located in Pitt County 10 miles from Greenville, is part of the Greenville Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). Ayden offers the best of small-town rural life while being a short distance to Greenville, home of East Carolina University which has a great medical school and all the offerings of a major college town. The town is noted for its friendly people and great festivals, including the Collard Festival and BBQ Festival.
GovHR is assisting the Town of Ayden recruit their next Town Manager. The Town Manager reports to the Governing Board and the town operates under the Council-Manager form of government. The Town of Ayden has a staff of 72 full time and 3 part–time employees and a budget of approximately $25 million. The Town of Ayden is a full-service town offering: police, public works, sanitation, fire, recreation, planning, zoning, inspections, library, recreation, water, sewer and electric services. Ayden is a member of a public power agency (North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency – NCEMPA).
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Five to ten years’ experience municipal experience including management, strong financial experience desired.
- Experience working with municipal power agency desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- The Town Manager is expected to live within the town limits within 12 months of appointment.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $94,479 to $141,028. The Town of Ayden offers a generous benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401k contribution, and participation in the NC Local Government retirement system.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply online by March 3, 2023, with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of W. Lane Bailey, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: (704) 798-8221. The Town of Ayden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2023