Ballwin, MO (pop. 30,400). Located in St. Louis County 40 minutes from downtown St. Louis, Ballwin’s strategic location in the metropolitan area makes the community a highly desirable place to live, work and play. Consistently ranked as “One of the Best Places to Live” by a variety of national publications, Ballwin’s top-notch municipal services and high-ranking school districts are known throughout the region. Ballwin maintains a small-town atmosphere and high quality of life with its livability and family-friendliness. The City seeks a highly engaged City Administrator.
The City has a workforce of more than 140 full-time employees, plus additional part-time and seasonal employees organized into four departments –Police, Parks and Recreation, Public Works and Administration which covers city clerk services, building inspections and code enforcement, planning and zoning, finance, municipal court, communications and human resources. The City recently built a new City Hall and is examining updates to other municipal facilities.
The City Administrator is Chief Administrative Officer in charge of the City’s day-to-day operations and oversees a budget of approximately $20 million. The City is in excellent financial condition. The City Administrator works closely on economic development efforts, including maintaining a close working relationship with the City’s business community. Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration or related field; a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred;
- At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
- Proven leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills;
- A team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; human resources skills and supervisory experience are essential;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; and
- Financial, analytical and budget management skills to lead a financially fit organization.
The City Administrator is appointed by, and reports to, the Mayor and eight-member, four-ward Board of Aldermen. The starting salary range is $145,000 – $160,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by February 3, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted:Dec 27, 2019