GovHR USA is pleased to be partnering with Cape Coral, FL (pop. 209,000) to find a forward-thinking, innovative Human Resources Director to lead a team of over 18 staff positions including the following direct reports: Human Resources Administrator, Benefits Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, Labor Relations Manager, and Training & Development and Sr. Administrative Specialists.
The Human Resources mission is to drive the City of Cape Coral's growth and sustainability through providing total compensation, development and talent strategies, compliance to employment legal matters, and strengthening of working relationships through Interest Based Bargaining and teamwork with labor representation.
“The Cape” is the 8th largest city in Florida and the largest city between Tampa and Miami, comprising 122 square miles. It is a tropical community with year-round recreational activities, warm and friendly residents, and an excellent quality of life.
There’s truly something for everyone in Cape Coral and the team members are what makes the City such a desirable place to work. Mark Mason, Finance Director & Interim Human Resources Director introduces the City of Cape Coral Recruitment Video where you can hear directly from them what they love about working for the City!
The Human Resources Director serves as an officer of the city in accordance with the City Charter and as a Department Administrator to ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with approved city ordinances, union agreements, administrative regulations, and related federal, state, and local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience including five (5) years in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of employment regulations, personnel administration, labor contract administration, and fiscal responsibility including strategic planning, budgeting, delegating, problem-solving, listening, and analyzing information.
- A valid Florida state driver's license or valid license from another state to transfer within thirty (30) days of hire or promotion.
- Emergency Response Status: If assigned, staff in this position will be required to report and carry out duties as directed for the duration of an emergency. Depending on the nature of the emergency, this may require working around the clock for several days on short notice.
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Benefits – The city offers an excellent benefits package, including, but not limited to:
- City-paid employee health coverage (additional for spouse or family)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center for healthcare services
- 5 weeks PTO (sick & vacation)
- 11 paid holidays
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – 9.9% employee contribution
- City-paid life and long-term disability
- Optional Vision and Dental Plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement
- And much more!
- The Hiring Range is up to $150,000 depending on qualifications. Florida does not have a state-level income tax.
- Next Steps in the Process
If you are selected to move forward in the process, please be aware that the anticipated recruitment schedule has been confirmed as follows:
Those chosen to move forward in the process will:
- Participate in a videotaped screening (with GovHR consultant via Zoom) – Weeks of 10/9/2023 and 10/16/2023.
- Cape Coral Recruitment Team – Finalist selection by 10/30/2023
After the finalists are selected:
- Background Checks – GovHR and candidates
- Leadership Assessment – Candidates
- In-Person Interviews – Thursday, 11/16/2023 and Friday, 11/17/2023
- Relocation assistance is available to the selected candidate. Please note that supplemental income is taxed as such per IRS Guidelines
- Deadline date is Friday, October 6, 2023, at 5:00 PM EST.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and contact information for three to five professional or supervisory references.
Any questions regarding this recruitment may be directed to:
Joan Walko, GovHR USA
Senior Vice President
The City of Cape Coral is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible persons regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. Applications may be subject to Florida Sunshine Laws. Florida Sunshine Laws – Please be aware that all aspects of this recruitment are open to public records requests throughout the process.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2023