Looking to fill immediate openings!
Salary: $51,937 – $74,422
Are you looking for a Center where you can get to know your officers and fire department staff? If yes, we may be the Center for you!
The DeKalb Dispatch Center is located in the DeKalb Police Department. Answer police, fire, and emergency medical services calls and send support for our community and fire protection district.
Operate a multi-channel computerized radio communication console, work with multiple computer terminals, gather vital information from the caller, enter data, and relay pertinent information while dispatching police, fire, and emergency services.
No Experience? Not a problem! We offer a comprehensive training program to ensure you are prepared for the role!
Experienced? Check us out! Prior experience will be reviewed for placement within the range.
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Type at least 40 wpm or 10,000kph
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior experience a plus, but willing to train the right person!
- Medical, Prescription and Dental Insurance (effective first day!)
- IMRF Pension
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holiday Pay
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 plan)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Clothing Allowance
- Wellness Program
Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.