The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management, development, design, inspection, and construction administration of infrastructure projects for the City of Holland. Responsible for reviewing civil engineering aspects of private development within the City, particularly with regard to storm water and traffic impacts. Also responsible for ensuring compliance with the City’s MS4 and SESC requirements and contributing to yearly assessment management plan for the department. Rate of Pay: $75,899 – $91,166.
1. Serves as project design and construction engineer for municipal projects, including but not limited to streets, storms sewers, bridges, sidewalks, and associated infrastructure.
2. Initiates or assists project development including meeting with private citizens, government officials, utility companies, etc., to plan and coordinate projects, obtain permits, and submit applications for state or federal funding.
3. Conducts site inspections and prepares reports and/or recommendations related to construction plans and projects.
4. Provides ongoing technical updates to the Department Director, and periodic reports to the City Manager, City Council, or City Boards or Commissions regarding municipal projects.
5. Establishes and maintains professional oversight relationships with contractors and subcontractors to assure coordination and completion of construction projects.
6. Maintains all necessary construction inspection and testing records, computes quantities and prepares progress payments, and maintains accurate “as built” records of projects.
7. Participates in or leads departmental/interdepartmental task forces or committees dealing with engineering, traffic, planning, or related issues.
8. Review private development plans for compliance with city standards.
9. Maintain compliance with the City’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer permit (MS4) and Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) requirements.
10. Responsible for supervision of other full-time and/or seasonal engineering personnel.
11. Maintain a strong field presence while contractor work is underway in the City.
12. Contributes to departments yearly assessment management plan including Pavement Surfacing Evaluation & Rating System (PASER) Ratings, Pipeline Assessment & Certification Program (PACP) ratings, MS4 outfall inspections, sidewalk condition ratings, bridge ratings, etc.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
2. A professional engineering license in Michigan.
3. Five years of experience in civil engineering, preferably in a municipal environment.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with City officials and the general public in situations requiring tact and patience. Comfortable with public speaking.
5. Mathematical ability to make complex mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
6. Mental ability to frequently work on projects requiring concentration and attention to detail on figures, paperwork, data, etc. Must have excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
7. Proficient in AutoCAD, GIS, Microsoft Excel, Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
8. Physical ability to occasionally lift/carry/push/pull items weighing up to 50 lbs.
To apply, visit our website at: https://mi-holland.civicplushrms.com/careers/Jobs.aspx
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit mi-holland.civicplushrms.com.