The Administrative Analyst provides administrative and analytical support to the Public Works Department, including the Director and department Superintendents.
- Composes, compiles and edits a variety of correspondence, forms, reports and other material.
- Assists in the preparation of contract documents.
- Helps coordinate the department’s project bidding process including notification to bid, intent to bid, and contract execution.
- Oversees department record management duties and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Coordinates the Public Works webpage revisions to maintain accuracy of information, including managing and updating Bid/RFP/RFQ section.
- Acts as liaison between City departments to provide a central point of communication.
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities of the department.
- Assist in preparing budgets and compiling clear and concise reports.
- Answers phones and greets residents at the counter; writes and distributes service requests when necessary.
- Processing of Utility/Right-of-Way Permits and maintenance of records.
- Public notifications for maintenance and construction projects.
- Perform general offices duties such as distributing mail, ordering office supplies and scheduling appointments.
- Associate’s degree
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in municipal government.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Any equivalent combination or previous and/or on-the-job training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
- Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of Municipal Government and Public Works Department functions.
- Understanding of basic budgetary and contract administration policies and procedures.
- Familiar with the project Bidding/RFP/RFQ process.
- Knowledge of construction and engineering industries and project billing.
- Advanced knowledge of office operations, functions, principles, practices, programs, policies, procedure and terminology used in the department.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to the public and City staff over the telephone and in person.
- Strong conflict resolution skills when dealing with difficult residents over the phone and in person.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and can concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills need in order to promote efficient completion of duties.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups.
For for full posting visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mchenry
The City of McHenry is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.