Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the custodian is responsible for cleaning the entire municipal center building including the lobby, council chambers, public bathrooms, stairwells, police department, dispatch center, locker rooms, etc. This full time position is a union position.
Position will be open until filled.
• Develop daily, weekly, monthly, etc… cleaning schedule for entire building. Suggest changes or improvement to Supervisor as needed.
• Perform all duties listed on cleaning schedule. Duties may include vacuuming, dusting, window washing, cleaning and disinfecting
washrooms, washing floors, emptying garbage and recycling, etc.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and inform supervisor when supplies run low. Receive and store supplies as necessary.
• Ensure building is maintained in a safe and secure manner for staff and the public.
• Know and obey all safety rules. Report any safety concerns immediately to supervisor.
• Report all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing issues immediately to supervisor.
• Perform minor maintenance such as painting, change light bulbs, change ceiling tiles, etc.
• Plant and water plants and flowers.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• 18 years of age or older.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to pass drug screen, physical, and in depth background check.
• Must meet the physical demands of this position.
• Ability to communicate in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Must be able to read and understand MSD safety information.
• Must be able to walk, sit, stand, bend, push, pull, climb, crouch and perform other physical functions commensurate with custodial
work on a routine basis.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, and maneuver up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to climb, stand on, work from a ladder.
• Must have manual dexterity to perform the work of a building custodian.
• This position is frequently exposed to dust, dirt, cleaning chemicals/products, heat, cold, and other types of building atmospheres.
Salary: $50,070.16 Annually
To view full posting and apply visit: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mchenry
The City of McHenry is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.