Under the general supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Specialist will perform a variety of information technology support duties. Support duties may include assisting in the resolution of computer software and hardware problems, installation of equipment, deployment of software and hardware. This individual will also provide routine maintenance, updates and upgrades to desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, switches, peripheral devices, etc. The IT Specialist will assist in the maintenance of the LAN and WAN, as well as the cyber security of the City’s network.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduate
- Bachelors degree in the Information Technology field with 2+ years of experience or an Associates Degree and/or formal IT training with 3+ years experience.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications are preferred but not required.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Wide Area and Local Area Networking, Firewalls and knowledge of Software as a Service environments.
- Previous work in a municipality and/or police department is preferred but not required.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Provides professional customer service to end users and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- LEADS Certification upon employment
Salary: $67,000.00 – $79,000.00 annually (depending on qualifications)
To view full posting visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mchenry
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.