City of Oakbrook Terrace
City of Oakbrook Terrace
The City of Oakbrook Terrace is located 17 miles directly west of the City of Chicago in DuPage County. The City has a population of just 2,751 but has an estimated daytime population of 50,000. A home-rule community with numerous restaurants, retailers, seven (7) hotels, entertainment venues and over 4,000,000 square feet of office development. The City is seeking an experienced, team-oriented, and community-focused individual to serve as our next Finance Coordinator.
Position Description Overview:
The Finance Coordinator is a vital member of the Finance team and works with the Finance Director to develop, implement, and coordinate fiscal activities for the City of Oakbrook Terrace. Key responsibilities of the Finance Department include a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative, and technical functions related to general accounting, budget development and maintenance, financial reporting, resolving of operational problems and planning, overseeing the activities of personnel of the Finance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• supervise “day-to-day” operations of the Finance Department including utility billing operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other areas as assigned.
• Assists with year-end closing journal entries and year-end close processes in the City’s accounting software. Assists in coordination of annual audit, by preparing workpapers, financial statement schedules, notes, and responding to the auditors’ requests for information.
• Assists the Payroll Coordinator with year-end filings and special payroll processes.
• Leads compilation, review, and posting of the monthly financial report.
• Assists with the annual budget process, which includes cost and revenue analyses and projections.
• Analyze and maintain general ledger accounts, prepare and post journal entries, and monitor revenues and expenditures. Reconcile subsidiary ledgers and schedules to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Assist Finance Director with the annual budget and audit process.
• Assist with the reconciliation of bank statements and investment accounts monthly.
• Prepare records, files and schedules for annual financial audit.
• Assist with the review of payroll registers and federal filings.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for information from other departments, outside agencies and the public, providing advice and assistance as required; resolve issues with residents, when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired
• High degree of proficiency using computer applications such as modern financial, payroll, and human resources software, spreadsheets, and word processing applications.
• Knowledge of modern governmental programs and practices including accounting, budget, finance, payroll, purchasing, risk management, information systems and facilities management.
• Paramount attention to detail, initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
Education and Experience Desired:
Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, public or business administration from an accredited four-year college or university and at least five to ten years of practical government or accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the above-noted knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The starting salary range for this position is $91,000 to $102,000 depending on qualifications. The City also offers an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, wellness program, IMRF, vacation leave, paid holiday and personal time, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, and optional 457 plan participation. The City does not require residency.
Interested applicants should submit a completed resume, cover letter, and contact information to email@example.com. Position will be open until filled.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org