The City of Rolling Meadows is a dynamic and forward-thinking organization serving an energetic, friendly and diverse community of over 24,000 residents. The City is a full-service Home Rule municipality operating under the Council-Manager form of government. The community takes pride in its outstanding municipal services, educational systems, health and human care agencies, and recreational facilities. Rolling Meadows is located in the northwest suburbs of the Chicago metropolitan area in the region known as the “Golden Corridor” at Interstate 90 and Illinois Route 53. The City features a wide array of commercial, industrial, and office businesses which provides for a stable economic base. The City is home to several large employers including Northrup Grumman and the global headquarters for Arthur J. Gallagher.
The City of Rolling Meadows is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Management Analyst for the Fire Department. This is a civilian position which provides analytical and administrative assistance to the Fire Department, including. Job duties include:
• Researches data and information, conducts data analysis, and formulates recommendations pertaining to Fire Department policies and operations.
• Assists in gathering information for the preparation of reports.
• Prepares, maintains, and tracks the Department’s budget, accounts receivable/payable tasks, and Department credit card reconciliation.
• Keeps record of the payroll for Fire Department employees including daily posting, monthly accruals, and verification of entries.
• Serves as Fire Department’s FOIA Officer and also responds to subpoena requests.
• Assists with coordination of fire prevention and public education events and activities.
• Participates in collective bargaining negotiations with management.
• Handles insurance reporting of vehicle accidents and incidents.
• Manages the Fire Department website content.
• Maintains administrative, personnel, and confidential records.
For a full list of job duties, see the job description which can be found at www.cityrm.com/jobs.
Experience in local government management, fire department administration and operations, fire prevention, or emergency management is preferred but not required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Administration or Fire Science is preferred. NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800 certificates preferred or be able to complete NIMS training within six months of hire.
The starting salary range for this position is $62,075 to $71,575 commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The City also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and job application via email to Human Resources Specialist Joyce DeLeon at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Please include “Rolling Meadows Fire Department Management Analyst” in the subject line of the email. More information on the City of Rolling Meadows can be found on the City website at www.cityrm.org. The application and full Management Analyst job description can be found at www.cityrm.org/jobs.
The City of Rolling Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Joyced@cityrm.org