We seek a dedicated individual to join our team and play a vital role in technical engineering services, design, planning, and management of electric utility transmission and distribution projects.
• Perform routine engineering inspections of customer installations to ensure compliance with City Codes, National Electric Code, National Electric Safety Code, and City of St. Charles Municipal Electric Utility standards.
• Manage maintenance activities for all City Department stand-by generators. Assist with infrastructure design, cost estimates, and project management of new residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
• Contribute to the development of procedures, design standards, and maintenance practices.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of GIS mapping and engineering analysis models.
• Collaborate with the team to enhance electric utility system efficiency and reliability.
• Provide exceptional customer service, acting as a front-line contact with customers regarding new project design and installations.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Minimum of four years of experience working in electric utility operations or a related environment.
Knowledge of National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
Ability to handle multiple tasks, function under general supervision, and operate within policy guidelines using independent judgment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with various stakeholders.
Respond to emergencies 24/7 and carry a wireless communications device.
Capability to perform moderate physical activities under diverse environmental conditions, with the ability to lift up to 48 pounds.
What We Offer:
Salary range of $85,000 – $115,000, with starting pay commensurate with experience. Competitive package of benefits to include medical, dental, prescription, vision, wellness incentives, life insurance, retirement pension plan with Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, other retirement savings options, opportunities for growth and professional development and much more!
Apply on line at www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs no later than November 26, 2023. Resumes and additional documents can be attached in the on-line application system. If you are unable to apply online, or for other assistance, please contact 630-377-4446.
The City of St. Charles is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information, contact: