The City is seeking a highly skilled individual to join our dynamic team and play a vital role in ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of our electric utility substations.
• Manage the design, operations, and maintenance of all substation components, including transformers, busbars, circuit breakers, reclosers, switchgears, battery banks, protective devices and metering devices.
• Design and troubleshoot relay protection and coordination schemes, ensuring the implementation of settings.
• Provide electrical engineering supervision on substation projects which include designing and development of drawings, specification writing, material procurement, and managing of projects during construction, to include on-site inspection to make sure installed per City specifications.
• Oversee and manage all engineering consultants and contractors involved in substation projects.
• Develop and manage project schedules, ensuring compliance with budget constraints.
• Prepare load and trend analysis for substations and circuits, developing remediation plans for facilities.
• Manage predictive and preventative maintenance activities for substations.
• Manage the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System, including maintenance and operations.
• Develop and deliver training for Line Operations staff on substation equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Eight years of experience with and extensive knowledge of electric utility substation operations, design, maintenance, and construction.
Knowledge of National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
Ability to handle multiple tasks and use independent judgment.
Strong project management skills and effective interpersonal communication abilities.
Respond to emergencies 24/7 and carry a wireless communications device.
Ability to perform light physical activities under diverse environmental conditions lifting up to 48 pounds.
What We Offer:
Salary range of $95,000 – $130,000, with starting pay commensurate with experience. Competitive package of benefits to include medical, dental, prescription, vision, wellness incentives, life insurance, retirement pension plan with Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, other retirement savings options, opportunities for growth and professional development and much more!
Apply on line at www.stcharlesil.gov/jobs no later than November 26, 2023. Resumes and additional documents can be attached in the on-line application system. If you are unable to apply online, or for other assistance, please contact 630-377-4446.
The City of St. Charles is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information, contact: