The City of Stockbridge in Henry County is seeking a Management Analyst. Stockbridge is a diverse city of approximately 30,000 residents located just 15 minutes south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The city operates with a staff of approximately 145 full-time employees and a combined operating and capital budget of $22 million. The City serves an area of 13.31 square miles. The City is financially healthy, has no city property taxes and is funded primarily through local option sales tax revenues and other tax revenues and fees.
The prospective candidate will perform a wide variety of analytical and data management work related to an assigned department’s operations and management systems. Collects and organizes data from systems, surveys interviews, or other sources and develops summaries and observations. Performs analyses of operational processes, efficiency, and effectiveness, of organization strategic goals and financial plans and budgets. May maintain ongoing operational reporting processes and produce periodic organizational reports. Provides input to budgeting and planning processes.
- Performs specialized analyses of department operations, processes, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Maintains ongoing reporting and analysis systems to provide continuing indicators of department performance and trend analyses.
- Develops specialized reports of department or external trends, developments, issues, etc. for use in strategic planning, goal setting, budget development, etc.
- Participates as a member of department and cross-organization teams to improve processes and productivity.
- Plans and carries out special research or analysis projects as needed.
- Prepares reports and presentations of findings and recommendations.
- Presents to senior department leadership, the mayor’s staff and/or to Council.
- Determines priorities, work methods, and work timeline in assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for the position:
- Knowledge of organizational, financial, and operational analysis.
- Knowledge of or ability to understand and interpret municipal laws, policies, codes, and regulations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the City’s organizational structure, departmental functions, and inter-relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise considerable skill in handling sensitive information and data.
- All aspects of municipal government operations relating to staffing, budget and program execution.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion in establishing, applying, and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and deliver logical summaries and conclusions related to organizational, planning, budgeting, and other advice.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities for short-term and long-term projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing with department personnel, outside officials, professionals, and the general public.
- Skilled in using a variety of computer programs for administrative functions and website content.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion in developing recommendations.
- Working knowledge of general management and business organization principles and practices.
Supervisory Controls: The work of this position is performed under the general supervision of the City Manager.
Physical Demands: Involves occasional light lifting.
Work Environment: This work is performed indoors in an office setting.
Hiring salary will be competitive based on experience and qualifications, including years of experience in public administration. The City offers an excellent benefits package, including 100% paid employee only health benefits, 100% paid pension and no social security taxes. Residency in the City of Stockbridge is not required. Hiring range is between $66,012.32 to $89,215.65.
- Requires that the candidate possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Management, or a related field.
- One (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible professional supervisor, analytical or consulting experience in municipal government or public-sector management.
- Strong project management skills.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in management, business or public administration or a related field
- One (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible professional supervisor, analytical or consulting experience.
Licensures and Certifications: None required.
To apply go to Career page link: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6111842.careers?CareersSearch and complete an online application indicating the position you are applying for and submit.
Position is open until filled.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com