- Azure Infrastructure Design: Collaborate with architects and stakeholders to design Azure infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements, ensuring scalability, availability, and security.
- Deployment and Configuration: Implement and configure Azure resources, including virtual machines, storage accounts, networking components, and Azure Active Directory. Automate deployment processes using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) tools like Azure Resource Manager templates or Terraform.
- Monitoring and Performance Optimization: Monitor Azure infrastructure performance, identify bottlenecks, and proactively optimize resource utilization. Implement monitoring solutions, set up alerts, and conduct performance tuning for optimal efficiency.
- Security and Compliance: Implement and maintain robust security controls and best practices in Azure environments, ensuring compliance with relevant industry regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA). Configure network security groups, virtual network gateways, and other Azure security features.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Design and implement backup and disaster recovery solutions for Azure infrastructure, including backup policies, site recovery, and high availability configurations.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve infrastructure-related issues, working closely with application and support teams. Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing: Create and maintain documentation, including infrastructure diagrams, configuration details, and standard operating procedures. Share knowledge and provide guidance to team members regarding Azure infrastructure best practices.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, and security teams, to ensure smooth integration and operation of applications on Azure. Communicate effectively with stakeholders, providing updates on infrastructure projects and addressing any concerns or questions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two years minimum of experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure design, deployment, configuration, and security is required.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), and automation tools such as Azure DevOps or GitHub Actions.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, virtual private networks (VPNs), and firewall configurations in Azure.
- Experience in troubleshooting Azure infrastructure issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- Knowledge of Azure security features, including Azure Security Center, Azure Active Directory, and Azure RBAC.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- A Microsoft Azure Associate level certification is required, Expert level is highly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.