Manager, Fire Science and EMS Programs (F/T), MFRE19400FIRE
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide oversight and management of the Fire Science and EMS programs offered at the College.
• Schedule course sections for Fire Science and EMS programs for approval by Associate Dean.
• Recruit and monitor adjunct faculty and proctors.
• Review budgets for EMS/Fire Science Division in conjunction with Associate Dean and recommend expenditures and capital purchases.
• Schedule Fire Fighter Applicant Testing programs, in conjunction with local fire departments.
• Select appropriate textbooks, in conjunction with department faculty and adjunct faculty recommendations.
• Promote programs and recruit students; attend College recruitment events.
• Review curriculum in association with Associate Dean and department faculty and monitor student program completion.
• Communicate with Counseling, Advising, Admissions, and Records personnel regarding curriculum and certificate requirements.
• Collaborate with affiliated Paramedic Programs with posting of applications, processing submitted applications, and provide an orientation to accepted students.
• Attend subdivision and division meetings.
• Serve on Homeland Security Education Center committee and attend all meetings; develop related programming as directed by Dean and Associate Dean. Recommend Capital items for HEC. Participate in continued efforts regarding Homeland Security Education Center, including budget recommendations.
• Coordinate all student follow-up activities associated with state and national certification and licensing requirements.
• Oversight of advisory committee and related activities.
• Maintain discipline records, and student records as required by program approval agencies (OSFM & IDPH) in addition to College of DuPage requirements.
• Advise and guide students as they work towards degree completion and graduation.
• Participate in preparing Program Review materials with department faculty for Fire Science programs as necessary.
• Work closely with EMS System (Good Samaritan) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Regional Coordinator with courseapprovals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) or related area required.
• Minimum of five years of Fire Service & EMS experience required.
• Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Certified Instructor I, Advanced Operations Firefighter, Fire Officer I or Company Fire Officer, Illinois Department of Public health (IDPH) Licensed Paramedic and Lead Instructor, or NAEMSE Instructor Level I, familiarity of area EMS systems, fire departments, and IDPH &OSFM rules and regulations required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Instructor II, Advanced Fire Officer or Fire Officer II, higher education teaching experience, working knowledge of College of DuPage EMS/
• Fire Science Program, degrees, and certificate programs offered, student pathways, and educational planning preferred.
• Fire Fighting and EMS equipment; computer, telephone, fax, copier.
• General office; some activities in the field.
• This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Managerial 5 Salary
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans’ status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3648433
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.