SALARY: $25.24 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
HOURS: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to include 24-hour rotation, on-call, call out, and overtime as required.
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to work as a Water/Wastewater Maintenance Worker within the DuPage County Public Works Department located at the Marionbrook Underground Facility at 17W440 N. Frontage Rd., Darien, IL 60561.
This position is part of the local 150 Public Works Bargaining Unit
• Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, rebuilds, and repairs and replaces varies Public Works Facilities equipment (e.g.softeners, plumbing fixtures, small motors and pumps, etc.)
• Orders parts and fills material requests.
• Provides water or sewer services to the public
• Flushes, televises, and repairs sewer systems
• Repairs water mains and lift stations and responds to emergency water breaks, sewer back-ups, lift stations problems, hydrant leaks, and flooding.
• Installs new water lines in wellhouses and water systems.
• Connects pump wells.
• Performs landscaping and site maintenance once excavation is complete.
• Flushes fire hydrants.
• Evaluates and quotes proposals to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures jobs are completed in a cautious, safe and orderly manner.
• Operates heavy equipment (e.g. dump trucks, skid loaders, front end loaders, tankers, etc.)
• Maintains and repairs the Public Works facilities and assists with their construction and excavation projects.
• Supervises summer help on valve turning and at hydrant locations.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Three (3) years of specialized experience in preventative and corrective maintenance, wastewater and water collection distribution systems and treatment plant knowledge, equipment maintenance
• One (1) year of lead worker responsibilities; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Required to obtain an Illinois Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B with an air brakes endorsement within six (6) months of hire.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing requirements of the United States Department of Transportation-Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
A post offer physical is required
A pre-employment background check is required