SALARY: $35.82 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management Department
HOURS: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., or as assigned with on call as scheduled.
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to work as an Electrician for the DuPage County Facilities Management Department. This employee will work on Facilities Management and Public Works projects at various locations.
This position is assigned to the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) – Local 399 Bargaining Unit Position
• Plans, lays out, installs and repairs a variety of complex electrical equipment including electronic controls, switchboards, control centers, panels, relays, circuit breakers and various other types of electronic/electrical equipment
• Establishes balance loads
• Lays out and wires complex circuits
• Diagnoses electrical problems and replaces or repairs parts as necessary
• Detects and replaces defective control modules, tests and makes adjustments
• Prepares wiring diagrams to record all changes
• Recommends ordering of supplies and maintains various work records
• Directs and instructs the work of Electrician Technicians where necessary and is responsible for the safety of their assistants
• Makes modifications to older equipment to keep it operating
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Completion of electrical trade courses plus six (6) years experience in industrial electrical work including electronic circuitry
• Or two (2) years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position requires a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Post offer physical is required.
Pre-employment background check is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.