Salary: $71,000.00 – $76,000.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Location:400 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, Illinois
Department:Kenneth Moy DuPage Care Center
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to work as a Dietitian Supervisor within the DuPage County Care Center.
• Hires, develops, and motivates a qualified clinical nutrition staff, as well as, Diet Office personnel
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions
• Coordinates all phases of nutritional care and supervises the clinical nutrition staff providing nutrition services to long-term care residents and sub-acute rehabilitative patients
• Assists in development and maintenance of electronic nutrition assessment forms
• Updates and ensures compliance with House Nutrition Formulary
• Consults with physicians and other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patients
• Coordinates and manages nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of residents
• Engages with the Center’s residents, family members, co-workers and staff addressing concerns and ensuring the dietary needs are being meet
• Provides staff education on diets and diet therapy
• Samples meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and compares deliverables against established qualitative standards
• Works with representatives of our menu management software, and primary food distributor in planning and validating cycle menus and modified diets
• Prepares the segment of our quarterly QI report pertaining to clinical nutrition services
• Develops, implements, and maintains department Nutrition policies and procedures
• Ensures compliance with all state and federal guidelines for clinical nutrition services in long-term care facilities
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
•Bachelor’s degree in nutrition
•Five (5) years of experience as a Clinical Dietitian in a moderately large institutional setting
•Three (3) years of supervisory experience
•Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and in good standing
•Illinois licensure as a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist and in good standing
A post-offer physical test is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.