SALARY: $18.68 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management Department
HOURS: Part-time evening shifts – Monday – Friday – 5:00p.m. – 9:00p.m., and Monday – Thursday – 4:00p.m. – 10:00p.m., Friday – 4:00p.m. – 9:30p.m. Full-time evening shift – Monday – Friday – 4:00p.m. – 12:30a.m. All shifts may include occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled.
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to work as an Environmental Services Associate within the DuPage County Facilities Management Department.
• Mops, hard floors (ceramic, vinyl, and wood), fills and empties mop buckets with water and cleaning chemicals
• Maneuvers wheeled cleaning cart with mop and bucket, cleaning supplies (chemical, rags, towels), and trash bags throughout the buildings
• Vacuums carpeted floors throughout the campus
• Removes bags containing refuse and/or recycling from trashcans, recycling bins and cleaning carts, throughout the campus
• Places bags of refuse and/or recycling into wheeled carts for further processing. Unloads bags or refuse and/or recycling into dumpster or compactor for further processing. Operates a compactor
• Cleans and dusts, by hand, various fixtures, and furniture pieces
• Replenish supplies of paper towels, toilet paper and soap in restrooms
• Replenishes supplies of paper towels, and soap near sinks, in areas such as breakrooms or lunchrooms
• Replenish stock of paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and cleaning supplies on cleaning cart
• Moves carts of chairs, loads/ unloads carts of chairs and arranges chairs to set up and break down meeting rooms
• Assists with moving tables to set up and break down meeting rooms
• Strips and waxes floors utilizing floor chemicals and floor scrubber when applicable
• Shampoos carpet utilizing an automated, self-propelled carpet shampooer when applicable
• Reports maintenance related items to a supervisor
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
A post-offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.