Edina, MN (population 53,318), a fully developed and thriving first tier community located on the southwest corner of Minneapolis, seeks candidates for its next General Manager of Braemar Ice Arena & Field. Successful candidates will be relationship builders who can work with multiple stakeholders, lead staff, are effective communicators and possess strong business acumen.
Edina is known for its outstanding quality of life, including attractive neighborhoods, excellent educational and arts opportunities and one of the most well-regarded parks and recreation systems in the metropolitan area. The General Manager of Braemar Arena & Field is responsible for the overall management of the four-ice sheet complex and the year-round sports field, including facilities, operations, maintenance, concessions, customer service, sales, pricing, and marketing. The General Manager is responsible for an operating budget of $2.6M and supervises 6 FTEs and numerous part-time, year-round employees.
The Braemar Ice Arena is one of the busiest arenas in the entire state. A referendum will be voted on in November to fund an expansion of Braemar Arena to better serve the over half million people who visit the arena annually.
- A bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or a related field or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience managing recreation programs and facilities.
- At least two years of experience managing full-time and part-time staff.
- Must have experience with ice arena management.
- A valid driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
- A master’s degree in Recreation Administration, Public Administration or Business Administration.
- Experience working in local government and working with city council, boards and commissions is preferred.
Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of general accounting practices sufficient to create and manage the Arena & Field budget.
- Basic knowledge of functions and maintenance of ice arena refrigeration systems, ice-making techniques, and related arena equipment;
- The ability to provide leadership to and motivate employees;
- The ability to negotiate contracts;
- The ability to plan and promote business volume;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate standard office software sufficient to manipulate data, draft reports and maintain records;
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wide variety of audiences and draft reports, communications, and marketing materials, and reading comprehension skills sufficient to read, understand and interpret varied work-related materials;
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange and/or convey information, provide work direction and maintain effective working relationships.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The 2023 salary range for the General Manager of Braemar Arena & Fields is $100,497 – $119,640. The City of Edina offers a comprehensive benefits program, including participation in the Public Employees Retirement Association pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply online by November 17, 2023, with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Executive Vice President, GovHR USA Tel: (847) 380-3240 ext. 124 and/or Pam Dmytrenko Vice President, GovHR USA. Tel: (847) 380-3240 ext. 157. Interviews with the City of Edina are anticipated the weeks of December 11 and December 18, 2023, with the successful candidate able to start early January of 2024.
The City of Edina, MN is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023