- Work is remote and collaborative! The position is 100% remote with periodic travel to client locations and to headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
- You will join a dedicated team of classification and compensation professionals who are experts in their field and regularly collaborate with one another and our clients.
- You will join a national firm that values and has developed a collaborative, supportive culture.
- We will train you on our compensation and classification process – we are also interested in your feedback and knowledge in this area. Our team is committed to self-examination and regular process improvement.
- Extensive knowledge about local government including the many and varied positions that exist to serve the public including but not limited to Police Officers, Firefighters, Public Health Nurses, Social Workers, Inspectors as well as Managers, Finance, HR, and IT Professionals, Public Works, Parks and Recreation, and Community Development front line employees.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to make presentations to anyone in local government – City, Town and Village Board and Councils, Select Boards, Personnel Boards, Employees, Management Staff, Union Officials, and employees and elected representatives of Special Districts.
- Number crunching skills with the ability to effectively analyze data, see patterns and be able to develop sound and logical classification plans, understanding that plans can vary based on the nuances of each local government jurisdiction we serve.
- The ability to examine compensation data and correlate it to classification plans. Knowledge of internal equity and market compensation issues is very helpful.
- The ability to determine comparable jurisdictions for the purpose of gathering salary and/or benefits data; states differ in the availability of sourced data — establishing a defensible methodology is paramount.
- The ability to work with clients and make diplomatic suggestions to assist them in addressing their organization’s classification and compensation challenges. The willingness to brainstorm with clients on solutions and be available to them post study to lend guidance and support is important.
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.