GovTempsUSA is accepting resumes for the full-time position of Village Clerk at the Village of Maple Park. Expected hours per week is 30. The selected candidate will be an employee of GovTemps with services contracted to the Village, with the possibility of permanent hire for the right candidate.
Position Responsibilities: The general function of the position within the organization is to perform moderately complex work related to primary function of Village Clerk related activities and the daily administrative functions of the Village’s municipal office. The position may supervise another part-time clerical employee.
- Attends all meetings of the corporate authorities – Village Board (including Executive Sessions), Committee of the Whole, Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and other meetings as needed.
- Prepares agendas and schedules meetings for Village Board (including Executive Sessions and Committee of the Whole), Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and other meetings as needed.
- Transcribes meeting minutes for all Village Board (including Executive Sessions and Committee of the Whole), Plan Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and other meetings as needed.
- Drafts ordinances and resolutions.
- Serves as the Village’s Freedom of Information (FOIA) Officer.
- Serves as the Village’s keeper of records and is responsible for the oversight of the Village of Maple Park’s State’s Records Disposal permit.
- Responsible for submitting the proper documentation and disposal of Village records.
- Assist with the issuance of Liquor Licenses, Amusement Licenses, Videogaming Licenses, Raffle Licenses and Tobacco Licenses.
- Serves as the Office Manager and plans, establishes and implements office methods and procedures.
- Updates Village website and Facebook page.
- Related administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements: Applicants should have 1-2 years related municipal or administrative experience, and excellent customer service skills. Previous municipal experience is preferred.
Compensation and Application Process: $19.50/hour. DOQ. Apply online with resume and cover letter to GovHRjobs.com. Position will remain open until filled. Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact Mysi Hall, HR Generalist email@example.com
Posted:October 12, 2021
To apply for this job please visit govhrusa.applytojob.com.