EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, GREATER FREEPORT PARTNERSHIP, (Regional pop. 50,000+). A consortium of communities and businesses in northwestern Illinois, the Greater Freeport Partnership serves Stephenson County, the City of Freeport and other member municipalities and businesses in an area 25 miles west of Rockford, and 20 miles south of the Wisconsin border. The area is easily accessible to major metropolitan areas in every direction. Site of an 1858 Lincoln-Douglas debate, known for more than 150 years as “Pretzel City” and home to several Fortune 500 companies, Freeport and its adjoining communities combine history and progress in an area offering both urban and rural living.
The Greater Freeport Partnership is a public/private economic development corporation focused on retaining and expanding business, and diversifying the economic base of the City of Freeport and Stephenson County area in northwest Illinois. Value-added agriculture and manufacturing comprise 25% of the local economy, and more retail and industrial development is desired.
The Partnership presents an innovative approach to economic development, business networking and tourism promotion – the Partnership is the product of merging four organizations: the Northwest Illinois Development Alliance, the Freeport Area Chamber of Commerce, the Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Freeport Downtown Development Foundation. The merger was completed in 2018. The Partnership’s mission is to create a seamless economic development, business services and tourism entity focused on providing outstanding service to those looking to start a business, grow a business and visit the area.
Candidates with initiative, creativity and a proven track-record of retaining, expanding and recruiting businesses are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate is a people-person adept at building relationships, and will have:
- High energy, enthusiasm and passion;
- Strong communication and strategic planning skills;
- The ability to direct a multi-disciplinary staff in the areas of planning and development, tourism, membership and business development;
- Fund-raising skills and the ability to broaden the organization’s investor base;
- Economic development experience including the negotiation and preparation of TIF agreements plus experience with Enterprise Zones.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders including government officials and staff, brokers, developers, and local business owners;
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, planning, real estate, public administration or related disciplines; a Master’s degree is a plus;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in economic development, redevelopment, marketing or real estate in either the public or private sector, or association work in the related fields, is preferred; and
- Knowledge about the operations of a 501 C (3)/501 C (6) organization.
The position reports to a Board of Directors with representatives from the private and public sector. Salary is $130,000 +/- DOQ, and competitive benefits. Residency in Stephenson County is encouraged, and a high degree of visibility is expected.
Candidates should apply by December 6, 2019 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240.
To apply for this job please visit govhrusa.applytojob.com.