Summary/Objective: Address all aspects of the financial and information activities of the District, including oversight of the internal control structure, coordination of accounting functions, internal financial reporting and detailed analysis of the current financial activities, future financial growth of the District, and information systems.
• Recommend, develop, and implement accounting policies and procedures.
• Review operating practices for compliance with established policy.
• Work in-depth with accounting and utility billing software, including generation of various financial reports for internal and external analysis.
• Coordinate internal accounting efforts regarding special assessments.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the maintenance of fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
• Maintain schedule of insured values.
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to control operating costs through the purchase of electricity and natural gas.
• Manage the District’s investments.
• Present oral and written financial reports to the Board of Trustees.
• Prepare annual financial budget.
• Prepare and keep meeting minutes and complete corporate secretary duties.
• Assist in identifying investment alternatives to maximize the District’s return on investment.
• Coordinate the annual financial audit with outside firm.
• Ultimately (although not immediately) assume leadership and responsibility over the District’s information systems, technology, and cybersecurity functions.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
• Ability to problem-solve and correct discrepancies with ledgers, accounts, and reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
• Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
• Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices, and policies.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk, answering the phone, and working on a computer.
• Intermittent periods of standing and walking.
• Occasional bending and must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, with a minimum of 5 years of experience; OR a relevant Masters degree with 2 years of experience.
• Expert knowledge in spreadsheets and word processing software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Prior experience in government or a utility company.
• Oversight of information systems departments.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Basic use of Microsoft Office products
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com