- B.S. degree from an accredited college in Civil, Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in engineering design, construction and/or management of public water and wastewater systems.
- One (1) year of supervisory related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of water and wastewater engineering.
- Project management experience as it applies to the planning, design and construction of major water and wastewater facilities.
- Experience in the operations, maintenance and financial principles of public water and wastewater systems is desirable.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Maryland is required within one year from the date of hire.
- Valid vehicle operator’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Provides management, supervision and leadership to the Water and Wastewater Engineering Division
- Responsible for designing and preparing drawings and specifications for the water and wastewater system improvements and the review and approval of water and wastewater infrastructure design drawings from property owners/developers.
- Responsible for the review and administration of water and wastewater service applications as well as review and approval of City permit applications that may impact the water and wastewater facilities.
- Responsible for construction field inspection for distribution and collection systems and works with the developer/contractors to ensure infrastructure meets Department standards and specifications.
- Responsible for and provides direction to the GIS/CAD employees to maintain and update infrastructure mapping.
- Assists the Operation Managers with the preparation of request for proposal (RFP) for contracted design and construction services.
- Works with Department Managers and the Director to develop long range plans for water and wastewater system improvements and expansion.
- Conducts studies and evaluations of system infrastructure for capacity management, constructability, etc. Maintains records of all projects and the related statistical and analytical data.
- Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with consultant engineers, contractors, project owners and the public. Confers with City, State and Federal officials regarding matters of engineering, planning, and regulations of the system.
Position is open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references.
To apply for this job please visit www.hagerstownmd.org.