- The fire district is located in Itasca, IL approximately 25-miles northwest of downtown Chicago and covers 6.5 mi2 and includes portions of Itasca, Addison and Wood Dale as well as surrounding unincorporated areas of DuPage County.
- The district’s operating budget ($6.2 million – current fiscal year) is comprised of tax collections for both fire and ambulance services along with grants, donations, and other miscellaneous forms of revenue.
- The department is comprised of a Fire Chief, one (1) Fire Prevention Officer, three (3) Captains, (3) Lieutenants, twenty-one (21) full-time Firefighter/Paramedics, one (1) Administrative Assistant, and one (1) part-time assistant. Career shift personnel work a 24/48 schedule.
- The department is an ISO Class 3 department providing an all-hazards menu of services including fire, EMS, Hazardous Materials, Special Teams (High Angle, Trench, Confined Space, Dive Rescue), Community Risk Reduction, Public Education and more.
- The Fire District staffs an Engine, an ALS (Advanced Life Support) Ambulance and an Aerial Tower, and also maintains a reserve Rescue Squad as well as a reserve Engine and a reserve ALS Ambulance. Fire apparatus are ALS equipped. The Fire District has an annual call volume of around 1,700 EMS and fire calls a year. It services a very busy corridor of Illinois highways including IL 290, IL 53, IL 355, and the Elgin-O’Hare expressway just to the west of O’Hare Airport. It also is serviced by the Metra Commuter Service Rail System (Milwaukee District West) line which runs from Chicago’s Union Station to Elgin, IL to the west.
- The department is a member of ACDC (Addison Consolidated Dispatch Center) providing state-of-the-art dispatching and telecommunications services.
- Manage data and create high quality periodic reports focused on the needs of the topic.
- Manage and promote the districts online presence using social media and other communications through various technological modalities
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of Office products (Word/EXCEL/PowerPoint etc.)
- Manage training records using the districts inhouse software.
- Provides assistance to the general public as well as internal staff with professional representation of the fire district thru all channels of communication
- Provide scheduling management for the Fire Chief as needed.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve administrative and support functions, streamline work processes, and provide quality customer service.
- Comfortable with the review of contract business terms with vendor(s) as it relates to District operations.
- Knowledge of fire district administration is a plus
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- A minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years of experience as administrator in an office environment
- Familiar with the use of specialized infographics, including data entry and general computer skills
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting (A/P, A/R G/L)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Quick Books, etc.).
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.