Lake Barrington, IL (5,100), a home rule community located in the southwest corner of Lake County, approximately 40 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop, is seeking candidates interested in serving as its next Village Administrator.
- Seven plus years of progressively responsible experience in management with the ability to supervise a municipal organization's day-to-day administrative operations and business.
- An educational background (Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business, Planning, or Public Administration) that when combined with experience, provides the candidate the ability to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. A Master’s degree (MBA/MS/MPA) degree is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the principles of leadership that work in modern local government; ability to work closely with elected officials to continually enhance the quality of Village services in the community.
- A professional and engaging communication style applied equally and comfortably with residents, elected officials, the business community, service contract providers and employees.
- A team-oriented management style that encourages opportunities for innovation while fostering accountability and consistent application of policy, practices, and procedures.
- A strong finance/budget background with the ability to find creative solutions in a fiscal environment guided by a fiscally responsible community approach. Ability to lead economic development within the community.
- A strong background in the development, interpretation, and implementation of service contracts; the ability to monitor compliance and seek, evaluate, and recommend cost effective alternative service initiatives; have command of infrastructure best practices such as road repaving, technology and water systems.
- A strong ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Village staff, Village officials, Village residents, Village Businesses, and provide proper and appropriate guidance and leadership to Village employees and the Village Board.
- The successful candidate will also have a strong commitment to excellent customer service and be highly collaborative; have exceptional communications skills and a proven track record of success, managing in an environment that facilitates the needs of a municipal organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.