Belgium, Wisconsin – The Executive Director position with the Luxembourg American Cultural Society and Center (LACS) is a unique and exciting opportunity to serve a U.S. not-for-profit organization which links descendants of Luxembourg immigrants with the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, a sovereign nation and a member of the European Union. The LACS’s Mission is to preserve the roots of its heritage with a museum and genealogical research center located in Wisconsin and to nurture the leaves of ongoing relationships between Luxembourg and America. The Executive Director plays a key role in building partnerships with individuals, other not-for-profits, governments, and businesses at home and abroad to achieve this Mission. The Executive Director also plays a key role in raising funds to support the work of LACS. The Executive Director works with and at the direction of an international Board of Directors.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in Philanthropy, Not-For-Profit Management, or Museum Management is desired.
- Minimum of seven (7) years proven experience in non-profit fundraising with achievement metrics and proven ability to ask for and obtain financial support.
- Five (5) years or more as a non-profit museum director a plus.
- Interest in and/or experience working on an international basis is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel locally, nationally, and internationally, mainly to Europe, including leading tours to Luxembourg, is required.
- Ability licensed to drive a vehicle.
- An enthusiastic, entrepreneurial orientation and a measurable, goal-driven approach to achieving the LACS Mission is very important.
The starting salary is $80,000 +/- DOQ, with excellent benefits. Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by August 26, 2019 online to – www.GovHRjobs.com attention Robert Beezat at GovHR USA, LLC. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Robert Beezat Tel: 630-747-5028.
The LACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.