Monroe, WI (pop. 10,600). Historic, picturesque community located 40 miles southwest of Madison, Monroe is known as the “Swiss Cheese Capital of the U.S.” Incorporated in 1882, Monroe has a charming downtown and numerous outdoor attractions including an extensive array of recreational trails. Monroe is the seat of Green County, famous for Swiss heritage and ethnic cuisine, vibrant festivals, and craft breweries. The City maintains a small-town appeal and high quality of life. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City has a workforce of 83 full-time employees, plus more than 100 part-time, seasonal and paid-on-call employees. Monroe is a full-service City including police, fire, public works, parks and recreation, water and sewer utilities, building and zoning, senior citizen and administrative services.
The City Administrator oversees budgets (general fund, TIFs and utilities) of approximately $25 million, and is the City’s chief personnel officer. The City is in good financial condition. The City Administrator is chiefly responsible for community and economic development efforts, finances and human resources. Developing and maintaining strong communication links with the community, elected officials and City staff is critical. Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration or related field; a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred;
- At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
- Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- A transparent, team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; human resources skills and supervisory experience are essential;
- Financial, analytical and budget management skills to lead a financially fit organization.
The City Administrator reports to the Mayor and nine-member City Council. The starting salary range is $105,000 – $120,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by February 7, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted:Dec 30, 2019