MUNDELEIN, IL (31,064) A high-growth and entrepreneurial-minded community located in the heart of Lake County, is seeking a progressive leader who is a well-respected, experienced, approachable individual to succeed their retiring Village Administrator. Mundelein is well known for its award-winning public services, creative solutions to government challenges, and strong work ethic. The Village is focused on revitalizing its downtown, supporting a growing commercial and industrial base, and expanding high quality housing choices. With plentiful recreation and open space opportunities, it is an attractive community to raise a family and launch a business. With easy access to downtown Chicago and three airports, the community is poised for continued growth and success. The Village is a full-service organization with fully staffed Police, Fire, Building, Community Development, Public Works and Engineering, Finance, and Administration departments. The Village Administrator reports to an elected board consisting of a Mayor and six Trustees. The Village Administrator is responsible for the implementation of policy and the overall operations of a $70 million budget. Total operating budget is $27 million plus a $33 million capital budget. The Village Administrator manages and leads 182 full time and 13 part time employees. Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
- A minimum of eight years local government experience including serving in a leadership position in a community of comparable size, and complexity.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, public policy or related field; a master’s degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is strongly preferred.
- A pragmatic and collaborative leadership style with expertise and desire to pursue modern management concepts, principles, strategies, practices, and techniques.
- An experienced negotiator who will consider creative solutions to fiscal constraints, development challenges, downtown revitalization, TIF management, and a track record of providing a high level of customer service.
- An attentive leader who will foster enthusiasm and creativity; an individual who is comfortable educating and informing elected and appointed officials, the community and employees while reinforcing the community values and mission.
- An experienced communicator who is well versed in social media and transparency efforts who commands well-developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
Salary range is $143,700 to $204,400 +/- depending on qualifications and experience. Residency is not required. Please apply electronically with resume, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references by February 14 to Kathleen Rush, Vice President, GovHRUSA. www.govhrjobs.com TEL: 847/380-3240.
Posted:Jan 13, 2020