City Manager, New Rochelle, NY (79,067) The City of New Rochelle is seeking an experienced, engaging, and passionate professional to serve as its next City Manager. Located nineteen miles from midtown Manhattan and thirty minutes from Grand Central Terminal, with direct links to I95, the Hutchinson River Parkway, and Amtrak, easy access to three major New York airports, miles of shoreline on Long Island Sound, and a quick trip to other centers in the region – New Rochelle is an accessible and thriving community in heart of Westchester County.
New Rochelle boasts charming and historic neighborhoods, excellent schools, extensive parkland, and an enviable quality of life that must be preserved and protected. New Rochelle’s planning strategy recognizes the City’s diverse land use characteristics. Environmental sustainability is a key priority for New Rochelle.
The home of some of America’s most noted artists, New Rochelle has always celebrated creative expression. The City’s commitment to cultural vitality is evident in public art installations and murals, as well as housing devised to appeal and be accessible to artists.
New Rochelle's waterfront is also abundantly blessed with both unsurpassed beauty and public accessibility. In addition to a number of popular beach clubs, three City and one County park claim a good portion of the 9-mile coastline, offering passive and active recreational opportunities.
The heart of New Rochelle: its people. One of the City’s most appealing and strongest characteristics is its diversity, as evidenced in our City's new brand, Ideally Yours: "For those seeking their ideal, any ideal, New Rochelle, just 30 minutes from the heart of Manhattan and everywhere within reach, is where a heritage of originality, refreshed perspectives, and a culture of inclusion, inevitably creates New York's next great place."
Under the Council-Manager form of government, New Rochelle is a full-service community with approximately 660 full-time City employees, most of whom are covered by civil service and collective bargaining agreements. The annual City budget is approximately $262 million (all funds). The City Manager is appointed by and reports to a seven-member City Council.
The successful candidate is required to have the following:
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university, with the major field of study in public administration, public policy, or government.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a government, or similar public sector organization.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and interact with elected officials, senior staff, boards or commissions, and employee representatives in a positive and professional manner is required. A demonstrated passion to engage and work with others, including a diverse resident population, in a professional and respectful manner is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to and progressive experience in diversity leadership in City government.
- Excellent problem solving and financial skills, including budget preparation.
- Excellent human resources skills, including experience in contract negotiations and administration and labor relations.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and social media communication skills including the ability to clearly present concepts, explain operations and finances and respond to controversies and day to day matters.
- Experience addressing and managing high-profile crises.
- Ability to think and act strategically in a fast-paced environment that may require prioritization, complex problem-solving, and adaptability.
Starting salary range is $250,000 – $300,000 +/- depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package. Residency is strongly preferred as soon as possible after appointment. Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by October 1, 2022, online to GovHR USA, LLC – www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA at 847-380-3238.
The City of New Rochelle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2022