Niles, IL (29,451) Niles is conveniently located on the northwest border of the City of Chicago. Niles is known for its friendly, multi-cultural neighborhoods, low taxes and efficient transportation systems. This is a safe community where families, urban couples and seniors are comfortable and enjoy the services and amenities. Niles is seeking a trustworthy, progressive leader with a background in supervising the day-to-day operations of a full-service community providing Police, Public Works, Finance, Fire Department, Family Services, Senior Services, General Government, Community Development, Economic Development, Family Fitness and Information Technology. Opportunities to strengthen the economic base of the community are pursued and presently there are 5 TIF districts within the community. Niles is well-located in the region with proximity to O’Hare Airport and the interstate system. There is a range of housing choices supported by high quality public and private schools. The Village Manager is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the six-member Village Board of Trustees. As a trusted partner to the elected officials, staff and community, the Village Manager is responsible for the oversight of a FY 2021 $120.3 million budget including $9.2 million in public safety pension plan and a $44.3 million Capital Improvement budget. With 235 full time employees, 262 part time and 5 collective bargaining units, well-developed organization, management and leadership skills are required. Innovation and collaboration are strongly valued.
Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience including in a leadership position in a community or non-profit organization of comparable complexity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, public policy or related field; a master’s degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is preferred.
- A team-oriented leadership style with extensive knowledge of and practice in modern local government management concepts, principles, strategies, practices, and techniques.
- Experience with the challenges and demands of a community with an urban/suburban profile with industrial, commercial and residential redevelopment projects.
- Experience with municipal finance and previous experience responding to fiscal challenges resulting from increasing pension expense and employee legacy costs, aging infrastructure and a highly competitive development climate is desired.
- A self-sufficient, driven management style who will relentlessly pursue service delivery innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Engage employees and residents, assisting their efforts to enhance the quality of life and further community engagement with a variety of tools including social media, events and resident forums.
- A creative, collaborative, problem-solving approach and well developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
Salary range is $200,000-$250,000 depending on qualifications and experience. While residency is not required, candidates are encouraged to consider relocation. Apply online at www.GovHRJobs.com with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references by May 21, 2021 to Kathleen Rush, GovHR USA. Questions about the position: TEL: (847) 380-3240.
Posted:May 6, 2021