- Determine supply needs and research potential suppliers.
- Collaborate with department staff on contract administration and develop the scope of work.
- Source suppliers, create purchase orders and change orders, release request for quote (RFQ) and/or request for proposal (RFP) and facilitate presentation to evaluation committee(s).
- Analyze bids and proposals; conduct complex cost, price analyses and research; document the features and benefits of products for presentation to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Serve as liaison and point person for:
- pricing and performance needs to vendors and suppliers and facilitates the process through contract negotiations and recommend contract termination if/when appropriate and
- other team members in the organization regarding the application of procurement procedures and Federal Transit Administration rules
- Prepare cost-benefit analysis and generate specific cost and/or other reports.
- Monitor demand for product(s) to keep pipeline stocked and avoid shortages.
- Respond to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or public administration, finance or accounting or a related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of mid-level procurement and contracting experience in a related industry.
- Intermediate proficiency with business software (Microsoft Suite), ERP (Oracle and Peoplesoft) and proprietary procurement and analytical software.
- Preferred credentials:
- NIGP, NCMA, NASPO or ISM certification and
- experience procuring construction services and architectural and engineering services.
- In-depth business management, supply chain, and strategic sourcing knowledge
- Aptitude for understanding and effectively communicating and applying policies, rules regulations, and requirements (including the Brooks Act and the Davis-Bacon Act) to each procurement
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver with detail orientation
- Demonstrated aptitude for mathematics
- Maintain confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.