Patton Township, PA (pop. 15,801) seeks approachable, collaborative, and progressive leaders for its next Township Manager. Patton Township is in the Centre Region and part of the State College, Pennsylvania MSA. The Township is one of six municipalities that voluntarily participates in the Centre Region Council of Governments (COG), the oldest COG in the Commonwealth that serves the region of over 90,000.
The Township Manager is appointed by and reports to a five-member Board of Supervisors, who are elected at large for staggered six-year terms. The township manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations and oversight of staff. Patton Township has approximately 45 full-time employees and annual budget of $13.6 million for 2022.
Patton Township offers residents a choice between a dense suburban or a rural lifestyle with a full range of housing options. The community offers excellent schools, retail and entertainment options and is one of the safest communities in the state and country. Patton is home to a number of retailers and home to most of the national “big box” stores in the Centre Region. The proximity to Pennsylvania State University offers numerous cultural and educational opportunities that make for a dynamic and thriving community.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or a related field; with seven (7) years of experience in local government OR
- Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field and five (5) years of progressive leadership experience within a public sector organization of similar size and/or complexity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Active listener, able to develop trusting relationships.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and approachable management style.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- Open and transparent with a strong commitment to communication and collaboration.
- Strategic leader who can assist the Board of Supervisors in anticipating future needs and plan for the same.
- Very experienced with land use planning and economic development.
- Engaging leader, comfortable with diverse groups and individuals.
- Approachable, empathetic leader willing to listen to all stakeholders.
- Flexible, skilled multi-tasker, able to delegate effectively and utilize the strengths of the team.
- Experienced with budgets and financial management.
The starting salary range is $120,000 – $150,000 DOQ with comprehensive benefits. Residency is required within a reasonable period following appointment.
Interested candidates should apply online by December 30, 2022, with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references at www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: (847) 380-3240 Ext 124. Patton Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diverse applicants. Interviews with Patton Township are anticipated for early February of 2023.
Application Deadline: December 30, 2022