- A minimum of five years’ experience including in a leadership position in a community of comparable complexity.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, public policy, or related field; a master's degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is desired.
- An energetic, team-oriented leadership style with extensive knowledge of and practice in modern local government management and land use planning concepts, principles, strategies, practices, and techniques.
- Experience with the challenges and demands of a fast-growing residential community with commercial development on the horizon. Practiced in negotiating development agreements including financial incentives, and other economic development techniques to ensure quality development without compromising the Village’s fiscal position or creating undue operational demands.
- Experience coordinating water and wastewater infrastructure expansion including the oversight of a sophisticated capital financing plan, grant administration and contract oversight.
- Experience with municipal finance and an understanding of fiscally conservative budgeting and financial operations. Prior background in developing a long-term financial plan to address roadway improvements, and other foundational community amenities will be advantageous.
- A self-sufficient, driven management style who will relentlessly pursue grants, service delivery innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Engage employees and residents, assisting their efforts to enhance the quality of life and further community engagement with a variety of tools including social media, events, and resident forums.
- A creative, problem-solving approach and well developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.govhrusa.com.