Human Resources Director –Polk County, WI (pop. 44,977) Polk County, located in the heart of the St. Croix River valley in northwestern Wisconsin and only an hour from the Minneapolis-St. Paul MSA, seeks a strategic and visionary human resource professional to manage a comprehensive range of personnel services for a workforce of more than 400 regular full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. Polk County provides a full range of services including public safety, corrections, court services, health and human services, county buildings and parks, highway, transit, a County-owned nursing facility, environmental services, child support, and general administrative services. The County has approximately 400 FTEs, including seasonal employees and one bargaining unit in public safety.
Key areas of responsibility include, employee recruitment and retention, employee engagement and professional development, employee compensation and benefits, labor and employee relations, risk management, and safety and wellness programming. The position manages a staff of four HR professionals and reports to the Division Director for General Government.
The County is seeking an energetic, ethical, and experienced leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive and collaborative managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration or closely related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Three to seven years of experience in the human resources field, previous experience in a local government setting is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience working with labor unions.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-SCP credentials are a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implanting best practices for human resources in a similar sized organization.
- Strong technology skills, including the advanced use of HRIS systems.
The starting salary range is $93,289 to $109,242 DOQ, plus excellent benefits, including the ability to work a hybrid schedule. Candidates should apply online by October 21, 2022, with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: (224) 282-8414.
Polk County, WI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022