Human Resources Director – Racine, WI (pop. 78,347) On the shores of Lake Michigan, Racine is located 25 miles south of Milwaukee, and 75 miles north of downtown Chicago. Racine is home to multi-national firms and has a legacy of industrial and manufacturing businesses. The City is working to establish itself as a leader in Smart Cities technologies, as well as capitalizing on redevelopment and revitalization efforts currently underway.
The City is seeking a collaborative and accessible human resources professional to manage a comprehensive range of personnel services for a workforce of more than 1,000 regular full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. The City provides a full range of municipal services including police and fire protection, parks, recreation and culture, public works, city development (including planning, housing, community development, building & zoning), library, health services, water and sewer utilities, transit, and general administrative services.
Key areas of responsibility include recruiting and hiring, employee compensation and benefits, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity, labor and employee relations, and safety and employee services. The position directs the City’s full complement of personnel services, manages five HR professionals, and a budget of more than $636,000. The position reports to the Mayor and City Administrator, serves as a resource to the City’s Police and Fire Commission and the Common Council’s Finance and Personnel Committee.
The City is seeking an energetic, ethical and experienced leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills. The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment;
- Have a record of problem solving, decisiveness and approachability.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration or closely related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that brings the knowledge, abilities, skills and leadership to the delivery of contemporary personnel services. Possession of a Master’s degree is ideal;
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP credentials are a plus; and
- At least seven years of experience in the human resources field, with three years of supervisory experience.
The starting salary range is $110,000 – $125,000 +/- DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Candidates should apply by August 5, 2019 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Racine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted:July 1, 2019