Rome, WI (pop. 3,111; summer pop. 15,000+). A picturesque, family-friendly community and one of Wisconsin’s premiere vacation and outdoor-activity areas, the Town of Rome is seeking a professional Town Clerk/Treasurer to continue its tradition of financial excellence following the retirement of its long-time incumbent. The Town desires a team-oriented individual with strong financial management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
Located 100 miles north of Madison and 200 miles east of the Twin Cities, Rome is a vibrant blend of old and new, including world-class golf courses, a growing year-round trail system for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, snowmobiling and ATV/UTV and much more. The Town Center offers fun for the whole family, with mini golf, a splash pad, and new or planned recreational amenities that will include a bandshell, basketball, tennis and pickleball courts. Home to the Tri-Lakes, Rome offers an outstanding quality of life for its residents and visitors while balancing growth and progress, all while maintaining its rural charm.
This position is a working manager in a small office and will be responsible for performing and overseeing all aspects of managing the Town’s treasury and financial reporting functions, revenue collection, and various licensing functions. In addition, the position serves as the Town’s records custodian and supports the Town Board’s agenda preparation, elections, and other proceedings. The position performs all statutory duties of Town Clerk and Town Treasurer as outlined in Wisconsin state law. With a combined budget of $8.2 million and a 2022 assessed value of $739 million, the Town has a collaborative workforce of 24 full-time employees, plus more than 60 part-time and paid-on-call personnel providing Town services.
Candidates should have:
- Considerable knowledge of municipal financial management, including investment of funds, accounting, payroll, billing, and financial record keeping.
- Five (5) years’ experience in municipal financial management, code of ordinances, election procedures and records retention/release preferred.
- Should be proficient and comfortable with business and financial technology necessary to successfully perform job duties.
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred; the Town will consider any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for a Clerk/Treasurer.
- Supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
The Clerk/Treasurer is appointed by the Town Board and works under the Town Administrator’s direction. Salary of the position is budgeted for $68,871 for FY 23/24 plus an excellent benefits package and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Open until filled with the first review of applications on May 8, 2023. Candidates should submit resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to Jami Gebert, Town Administrator, at email@example.com or 1156 Alpine Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457. Tel: 715-325-8025.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For more information, contact: