St. Joseph, MN (pop. 7,342) seeks an experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative leader for its next City Administrator. The City of St. Joseph is a full-service city and has an all-funds budget of approximately $15.8 million which included the general fund budget of $4.8 million and 35 FTEs. The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and City Council and oversees all day-to-day operations for the city.
St. Joseph is a rapidly growing community, conveniently located in central Minnesota and enjoys the amenities of the St. Cloud Metro while retaining genuine local character. St. Joseph is just 8 miles west of St. Cloud and 70 miles from the Minneapolis-St. Paul MSA. St. Joseph’s historic downtown offers a vibrant array of unique businesses and restaurants. The College of St. Benedict, located in downtown St. Joseph, and St. John’s University, located three miles from the center of town, bring highly educated professionals and cultural opportunities to the community. The community and region offer abundant parks and recreation opportunities and access to the sixty-five-mile Lake Wobegon Trail. The city is dynamic and growing, with an affordable and high quality of life for residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, urban studies, community development or a related field; A master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in municipal administration.
- Skilled in budgeting, program development and administration.
- Knowledgeable in human resources management and labor relations.
- Skilled in collaboration and team building with a variety of groups and individuals.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of municipal operations.
Successful candidates will also be:
- Strong communicator and active listener, open to input, yet willing to be decisive as needed.
- Experienced and confident leader able to effectively represent the city’s interests with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Active and engaged in the community, able to build and maintain partnerships and consensus.
- Collaborative and constructive leader, able to utilize the expertise and knowledge of the team.
- Flexible and adaptable leader who can identify multiple solutions to challenges or adapt and pivot as needed.
- Experienced with a rapidly growing community and able to assist the mayor and council in planning for community and organizational growth.
The starting salary range is $104,586 to $141,000 DOQ. The City of St. Joseph provides a comprehensive benefit package. Interested candidates should apply online by December 23, 2022 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references at www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: (224)282-8314. Interviews with the City of St. Joseph are anticipated for January 2023. The City of St. Joseph, MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: December 23, 2022