St. Paul Park, MN (pop. 5,544) seeks a pro-active and collaborative leader as its next Finance Director. St. Paul Park is located on the eastern shore of the Mississippi River and is part of the Minneapolis-St. Paul MSA. The community located in fast growing Washington County, with easy access to downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis as well as all the region’s attractions. St. Paul Park is a fully developed and primarily a residential community. The City is also home to St. Paul Park Refinery, the City’s largest employer with approximately 370 full time employees.
The Finance Director reports to the City Administrator and oversees the full range of financial services, including budget, accounting, audit, accounts payable and receivable, investments, and capital planning. The Finance Director supervises an accounting technician and oversees payroll and employee benefits administration. St. Paul Park has a $4.2 million general fund budget and AA bond rating from Standard and Poor’s. St. Paul Park is a full-service city with twenty-one employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible leadership in accounting or public finance. Five (5) years of experience is preferable.
- A master’s degree is desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience of one (1) is desirable.
- St. Paul Park will consider any combination of education and/or experience that allows an individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- A skilled financial manager well versed in public finance and accounting with the ability to effectively forecast and develop sustainable financial plans and budgets.
- An excellent and open communicator.
- An innovative and strategic manager, able to identify opportunities to improve service delivery and streamline operations.
- A willing partner with the city’s council, city administrator and department directors to proactively find solutions that will allow for a high level of service across the organization.
- An individual with strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A tech savvy individual who is comfortable learning new systems and adapting to new processes.
The starting salary range for 2024 is $106,516 – $128,273 DOQ, with a comprehensive benefits package, including generous medical and dental benefits, participation in the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and the opportunity to work a partially remote schedule.
The position will remain open until filled and candidates should apply at once, but no later than November 10, 2023 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Executive Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: 847-380-3240 x124. The anticipated start for the successful candidate is January of 2024. The City of St. Paul Park, MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled