Tri-Com Central Dispatch is seeking a new Executive Director. Tri-Com is an intergovernmental agency that provides dispatch and radio services for thirteen public safety agencies including seven (7) police departments, six (6) fire departments/agencies primarily located in Kane County in the far western suburbs of Chicago. These agencies serve a population in excess of 125,000.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include managing and directing a staff of twenty-seven (27) full time employees, including a Deputy Director, an IT Manager, an Administrative Assistant, a GIS Analyst, a CAD Administrator, Training Coordinator, and twenty-one (21) telecommunicator and supervisor positions. The Director will supervise the operations of the 911 Center, perform reporting and analysis, manage labor relations, oversee budget development and administration, financial accounting, long-range financial planning, training, 911 system administration and maintenance, including Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software and hardware maintenance/selection process. The FYE 2020 budget is $4.3 million. The Executive Director reports to an eleven-member Board of Directors comprised of public safety officials and elected officials representing the member agencies. The City of Geneva provides technical assistance with financial matters and Human Resources.
The new Executive Director will need to demonstrate strong leadership and professionalism; be well grounded in 911 Center best practices, be a self-directed, strategic thinker who pursues excellence while providing support to the public safety telecommunicators.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have:
- At least eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience in an operational public safety communications position with five (5) of those years in a supervisory or administrative capacity, preferably in a multi-position, multi-jurisdictional environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public safety, management, or related field or eight (8) years of experience in a 9-1-1 public safety communications leadership/management position. A master’s degree in public administration or related field is preferred.
- Public Safety Communications Certifications, including but not limited to one or more of the following: NENA’s Emergency Number Professional (ENP), Center Manager Certification Program (CMCP), IAED’s Communication Center Manager (CCM), APCO’s Certified Public Safety Executive (CPE), Registered Public Safety Leader Program (RPL).
- A comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and regulations pertaining to 9-1-1 systems with a proven track record in a progressive, consolidated communications system.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by changes in technology, regulations and policy.
- A servant leader focus to human resource issues to enhance morale and improve employee retention; able to demonstrate empathy as well as the requisite skills and abilities in human resource supervision in a unionized environment; comfortable empowering staff, building consensus and holding individuals accountable; ensuring appropriate training programs are offered and supported.
- Competency with financial management and administrative operations demonstrating a capacity to develop agendas, reports and analysis to support the governing board; a performance history of working closely with municipal officials in problem resolution, project management and response.
- A demonstrated proficiency in project management, consistency in decision making and exemplary follow through on policy implementation and communication.
Starting Salary: $125,000+/- DOQ, and competitive benefits
Residency within a reasonable distance is expected upon completion of a probationary period.
Submit résumé, cover letter and five references via our online application system by December 16, 2019 to Kathleen Rush, Vice President or Paul Harlow, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062.
Posted:Nov 11, 2019
To apply for this job please visit govhrusa.applytojob.com.