The Village of Bloomingdale is seeking interested applicants for the position of Village Engineer. This is a highly responsible position that performs complex supervisory, administrative, and professional work in planning, organizing, and overseeing the Engineering Department. The Village Engineer recommends improvements, provides cost estimates, prepares plans and supervises the construction of Village projects, reviews plans for private development, and performs construction inspection. The Village Engineer also works closely with other Village departments. This position reports to the Director of Community & Economic Development.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Manage and oversee the operations of the Village Engineering Department
• Design public improvement projects including sidewalks, bike paths, streets, storm and sanitary sewers, water systems,
landscaping, and lighting
• Negotiate easements, right-of-way acquisition, and engineering agreements with consultants and vendors
• Prepare operating and capital budgets for the department
• Coordinate private development for the Village; review engineering, landscaping, and lighting plans for new private development
• Investigate and resolve citizen complaints regarding construction projects
• Attends Plan Commission, Standing Committee of the Whole, Village Board, and other meetings as needed
• Work with the Director of Public Works to coordinate reviews and updates of the sanitary sewer, water, storm drainage, and
street system maps, database, and comprehensive plans
• Maintain and encourage safe work practices in the department
This position requires a degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred, and a minimum of seven years of experience with at least three years in an administrative capacity, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job. An Illinois Driver’s License is also required. Registration in the State of Illinois as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain registration within six months of starting employment is required.
The successful candidate must possess considerable knowledge of civil engineering practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting, and thorough knowledge of applicable Village policies, laws, and regulations. Must also be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a variety of people, including staff, consultants, contractors, other governmental agency representatives, Village officials, and the general public.
The pay range is $109,844 – $168,001 depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits include IMRF; paid vacation, sick, and personal leave accrual; and medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
This position is open until filled with first review of applications beginning April 1, 2023. A detailed job description can be found on the Village’s Employment Opportunities website. Interested candidates must apply online and attach a resume and cover letter. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village of Bloomingdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.villageofbloomingdale.org.