Definition: The Village of Bolingbrook is seeking applicants wishing to join our Finance team in the position of Accounting Manager! This role reports directly to our Director of Finance and is responsible for performing complex accounting and financial tasks involving the operation and control of the Village’s financial matters. This position requires professional level accounting work and supervision of accounting staff in the maintenance of financial accounting and reporting systems. Assists with the annual audit process, the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) in conformance with GAAP, supervises accounts payable and accounts receivable, ensures compliance for grant accounting in accordance with OMB Circular A-133.
Shift: The position involves regular shift work. Work shifts are normally eight-hour days but may be extended due to unexpected workloads or meeting unusual or unplanned schedules.
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 Annually
Examples Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides direction and supervision to the Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Utility Billing Clerk, and other Clerks as necessary.
• Coordinates scheduling of Finance staff members for work, time off, and training.
• Provides technical support to all staff throughout Village departments.
• Ensures procedures for properly managing daily cash including wire transfers.
• Grant reporting.
• Completes and conducts miscellaneous surveys, financial reports and undertakes management studies as assigned.
• Must attend workshops and seminars concerning updates in governmental accounting procedures.
• Reviews and approves journal entries.
• Performs special projects as required.
• Performs other tasks as required, or as assigned, which are within the scope of the duties enumerated pertaining to the Job Description.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
• Possession Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance strongly preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant designation desired but not required.
• Have at least three (3) years of fund accounting experience in a Municipal Government Fiscal Agency, including one (1) year at a supervisory level.
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally & non-verbally.
• Working knowledge of Tyler Technologies software strongly recommended.
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Maintain confidentially.
• Strong supervisory skills.
Reside within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook (as determined by the Public Works Department), or within a municipality, any portion of which is located within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook, within six (6) months of the date the probationary period ends.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.bolingbrook.com.