Position: Front Counter Supervisor – Finance
Definition: The Village of Bolingbrook is seeking applicants wishing to join our Finance team in the position of Front Counter Supervisor. This role reports directly to our Director of Finance and is responsible for performing clerical, office administration and secretarial duties within the Finance Department. The work of this class involves responsibility for secretarial and clerical duties encompassing the accounting functions of the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Schedules front counter staff and oversees related issues.
• Administers and performs any and all aspects of the Village’s Real Estate Transfer Tax program.
• Maintains miscellaneous and water liens, including NSF checks
• Be the liaison between State of IL Debt Recovery Program and the collection company.
• Prepares various financial reports, spreadsheets, and charts.
• Prints payroll, disbursement, and interim checks.
• May be called upon to backup various positions in Finance Department.
• Intercepts telephone calls and relays messages for department personnel.
• Prepares, maintains and tracks Village escrow deposits for Building and Public Works Departments and school and park donations.
• Maintains daily cash activity records.
• Performs other related tasks.
• Possession of an Associates Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Have at least three (3) years of experience in an office environment.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Tyler Technologies software strongly recommended.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentially.
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally & non-verbally.
• Ability to work independently, and respond quickly and accurately under pressure.
Residency within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook, or within a municipality, any portion of which is located within thirteen (13) miles of the center of the Village of Bolingbrook within six (6) months of hire.
For more information, contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.bolingbrook.com.