The Village is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant, who will work under the direction of the Assistant Director of Public Works – Operations, in the Public Works Department. This position is responsible for supervising all front desk operations at Public Works, including administrative, customer service and cashiering functions. This role will manage two administrative staff, provide analytical expertise for budgeting and payroll purposes, and partner with other departments to communicate administrative changes for the department. A successful candidate will possess exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work independently, while practicing good judgment in applying established procedures.
Major Duties and Functions:
– Manages and supervises front desk employees and customer service operations
– Prepares and analyzes all aspects of both the capital and operating budgets; tracks all related funds for the Public Works department
– Creates, develops and analyzes budget reports
– Creates purchase and change orders; oversees the payment of invoices for Public Works operations
– Reviews and inputs payroll for Public Works department
– Communicates administrative changes for the department by entering Personnel Actions into the ERP system
– Partners with the Finance department on capital asset management and procurement
– Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
– Knowledge in supervisory and management practices
– Knowledge of budgetary, finance, and purchasing procedures and practices
– Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
– Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently, and also as part of a team.
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, with some experience in accounting, payroll, finance, or capital budgeting required. A combination of education and experience is also satisfactory.
Salary and Benefits: $55,706 – $76,595 annually. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint of the range. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants may apply online by visiting the Job Openings link on the Village website, www.downers.us
Only online applications will be accepted, with the exception of reasonable accommodations. Position open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit villageofdownersgroveilemployees.munisselfservice.com.