The Village is accepting applications for a Business Systems Administrator, who will be under the direction of the Deputy Village Manager in the Village Manager’s Office. This position is responsible for maintaining and improving the Village’s various business information and software systems. This role will work closely with the Village’s Finance, Community Development and Human Resources Departments and will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for all financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications, as well as other various Village business software systems. A successful candidate will possess exceptional project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while practicing good judgment in applying established procedures.
Major Duties and Functions:
– Serves as a lead for the maintenance, training, upgrades and other core components of Village ERP systems, with a heavy focus on the financial ERP software system.
– Helps provide support of financial systems, including documentation and training for users of the Finance ERP software.
– Engages and serves as a liaison between ERP related vendors and Village staff.
– Maintains and provides support for “self-service” online software portals for vendors, customers and employees.
– Monitors and reports on the status of submitted service requests; escalates issues.
– Provides customer service for end users; works collaboratively with other staff, vendors, or residents to diagnose system issues and recommend solutions.
– Provides system administration support to users of the Finance ERP software including account creation, authentication and maintenance.
– Coordinates interdepartmentally to ensure that software programs are fully utilized by assessing business needs and streamlining processes.
– Provides maintenance and support for all custom and standard interfaces, reports and forms.
– Develops, manages and maintains workflow/approval rules, security roles, user attributes and other applications in the Finance ERP software.
– Maintains and manages credit card processing software, builds relationships with merchant service providers and is able to resolve any issues related to in-house and online credit card transactions. Is able to make the necessary decisions on improving the current online credit card processes.
– Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
– Strong financial background with the ability to identify and analyze opportunities to increase efficiencies in the financial area using various ERP functionality.
– Knowledge of software integration, maintenance and support.
– Ability to identify and resolve issues when troubleshooting.
– Strong customer service skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to tight deadlines.
– Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
– Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently, and also as part of a team.
– Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in applying and following established procedures and in meeting deadlines.
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field, preferably including coursework in information technology. Two or more years of accounting and/or audit experience, preferably in a governmental environment. Prior experience with information systems implementation is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits: $80,715 – $110,983 annually. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint of the range. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can apply at https://il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com/careers/
Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). For more information, or for assistance, please contact the Human Resource Department at (630) 434-5500.
To apply for this job please visit il-downersgrove.civicplushrms.com.